Cream Cheese Crosses (icing for Hot Cross Buns)
- Ready In:
18 buns, icing for
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in honey and lemon rind.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make your favorite sweet bun recipe. Pipe mixture onto warm buns in the shape of crosses.
- Do not reheat once crosses are in place.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!