Cream Cheese Brownies from Scratch
photo by susanehahn
- Ready In:
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- grease 9x13' pan.
- blend the first 6 ingredients well.
- add next 3 ingredients (baking powder, flour and baking cocoa.
- Spread 2/3 of the brownie batter in the bottom of the greased pan.
- mix together ingredients for cream cheese portion (last four ingredients - cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 2 eggs).
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly across top of brownie mixture already in pan.
- drop dollops of remaining brownie mixture the size of golf balls across the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- drag a knife through the dollops to create marbling effect.
- bake for about 40 minutes until knife comes out clean.
- let cool before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The brownies would be perfect if the time was cut by 5-10 minutes. Admittedly, this was my first time making these brownies. I usually stick to "plain ol'" brownies with nuts; wanted to try something different. These brownies are good not great because I followed the directions and left them in for 40 minutes; brownies were dry. I will definitely bake them again but will pull them at 30 and maybe let them sit inside the oven for 5 additional minutes. 40 minutes is too long.