Crazy Dipped Pretzels and Chips
- Ready In:
- 1 1 cup milk chocolate or 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 16 pretzel rods, pretzel twists, whole-wheat pretzel sticks or 16 rippled potato chips
Optional Decorative Toppers
- semi sweet miniature chocolate chip
- white chocolate miniature chocolate chip
- candy sprinkles, of choice
- Line baking sheets with wax paper.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels and vegetable shortening in small, dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Dip chips and/or pretzels into melted morsels, tilting bowl to easily dip. (I use a measuring cup.) Use side of bowl to remove excess. Place on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with Toppers. Refrigerate for 15 - 20 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container at room temperture. Potato chips are best when eaten within a few hours of preparation.
- Pretzels and chips may be dipped and drizzled in any variety of melted chocolate for different looks. For example, dip them in semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle them with melted white morsels. Or dip them in milk chocolate and drizzle them with melted semi-sweet chocolate. Don't forget the sprinkles--that's the best part!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!