photo by Tread
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 stalks of chopped celery
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 3 chopped green onions
- Melt the butter then add the flour and make a light roux in a large skillet.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic and brown for five to ten minutes.
- Stir in kitchen bouquet and creole seasoning until blended then add crawfish tails.
- Slowly add the chicken broth a little bit at at time until blended, if you like a thinner sauce add more broth. Also taste for saltiness once blended add more creole seasoning or salt if you more salt and spice.
- Turn heat down to low and stir often for 20 minutes, it tends to stick a little at this point if you like a thick sauce.
- Turn off the heat, add green onions and stir then serve over rice or your favorite pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I dig food.