photo by dhummel930
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oil
- 4 cups onions, chopped (do not use sweet onions, use spanish or white)
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 lbs crawfish tails
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (I use Joe's Stuff)
- Add flour to hot oil to make a dark, chocolate colored roux stirring constantly.
- Add seasoning blend, onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic to roux.
- In another pot heat chicken stock to piping hot, stir in roux gradually until blended well.
- Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Add crawfish and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- If desired chopped green onions and parsley may be added 5 minutes before serving for garnish.
- Serve with rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to collect cookbooks and recipes..</p>