Crawfish Cakes With Cajun Aioli
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A McMurphy's Grill recipe.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup thousand island dressing
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
For crawfish cakes
- 1 lb frozen crawfish meat
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1⁄4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced Spanish onions or 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 5 tablespoons italian-seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup olive oil
- To prepare aioli: Whisk together mayonnaise, dressing, parsley, Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- To prepare crawfish cakes: Thaw crawfish. Strain liquid from meat; set liquid aside in a medium bowl. Squeeze as much additional liquid from the crawfish meat as possible; add to the bowl. (You will need 2 tablespoons liquid.).
- Beat 1 egg in a large bowl. Add crawfish meat, bell peppers, onion, 1/4 cup flour, bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning, mustard and cilantro; mix gently but thoroughly. Form into 8 cakes, each about 1 inch thick and 2 to 3 inches in diameter.
- Divide the remaining 1 cup flour between 2 shallow bowls. Whisk together the remaining 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons liquid from the crawfish in a third bowl.
- Coat both sides of each cake in flour, then in egg wash, then in flour from the second bowl.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cakes to pan, working in batches if necessary; cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 - 3 minutes per side.
- Drizzle aioli over the crawfish cakes and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION