Crawfish and Corn over Smoked Gouda Potatoes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Cooking Light.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes (about 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cooked and peeled crawfish meat, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- fresh thyme, sprig (optional)
- To prepare potatoes, place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potatoes to pan; add milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Mash potato mixture with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in cheese. Keep warm.
- To prepare crawfish, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Stir in corn; saute 2 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, red pepper, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and crawfish; saute 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in green onions. Serve crawfish mixture over mashed potatoes. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note