Cranberry-Walnut Baked Apples
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from the November 2013 issue of "Guideposts" magazine. Delicious blend of fall flavors! This would be a wonderful fall dessert if served warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Ready In:
- 4 apples (crisp, such as Gala, Fuji or Pippin)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cranberries, dried
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Starting at the top of each apple, remove the core, making sure to leave enough of the apple intact at the bottom to form a pocket for stuffing. Discard cores and arrange apples in a small baking pan.
- Place walnuts, cranberries, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine apple juice, maple syrup, and butter in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until butter melts. Add to walnut mixture; stir to blend.
- Divide mixture among the apples, filling the hollowed-out cores. Drizzle any extra liquid over the apples.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake until apples are just soft, 35-45 minutes. Drizzle apples with pan juices and serve warm or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION