- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar substitute (splenda)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup prune
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Put prunes and water in a blender and puree.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking power, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Mix in prune puree.
- Add margarine and mix.
- Mix in yogurt until just blended.
- Stir in cranberries.
- On floured surface, roll or pat dough to ¾ inch thickness.
- Cut out with 2 ½ - 3 inch cookie cutter, rerolling scraps as needed.
- Arrange on baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Beat egg white and brush on scones.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!