Cranberry Sausage Tartlettes
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 lb mild sausage, removed from casing
- 1 cup scallion, minced
- 48 prepared tart shells
- Combine cranberries, sugar, and juice in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, simmer until cranberries are soft and some have popped, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute sausage - keep breaking it apart into crumbled sausage.
- Add scallions/onions to sausage for about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Drain off fat (if you use chicken sausage there won't be any!), stir in cranberry mix.
- Fill precooked shells.
- You can make the filling the day before, just don't fill the shells until just before serving so they don't get soggy (although the filo ones hold up very well!).
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been a member of recipezaar and food.com for years. This is definitely my go-to place for recipes and love that I can have all my individual cookbooks to sort and store recipes. ? I like to experiment when I cook and find that I rarely follow a recipe as it is written. I am also pretty health conscious and try to cook low-fat for regular everyday meals (you can't skimp on the rich stuff for holiday meals & treats!). I also avoid processed foods and use fresh wholesome ingredients whenever possible.