Cranberry Pudding Cake
photo by BarbryT
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 cup pure maple syrup (I used grade A amber)
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 orange, grated peel only
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal (see note in description)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I used 1% milk)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon black walnut flavoring (see note in description)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saucepan combine first 4 ingredients (cranberries - orange peel) and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until cranberries pop. Reduce heat and simmer for one minute. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In another bowl whisk together egg and sugar.
- Whisk in the milk, melted butter and flavoring (see note above)into the egg/sugar mixture.
- Pour cranberry mixture into an 8x8" pan. Pour batter over cranberries.
- Bake cake for 30 minutes or until cake is golden and cranberries are bubbling at the edges.
- Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Best served warm with ice cream, but I also liked it cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>