Cranberry Praline Quick Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is definitely a different kind of quick bread. The combination of flavors is heavenly. Bound to become a holiday staple.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 4 mini (5½-by-3-inch)loaf pans.
- Combine cranberries and 2 Tbs flour in small bowl; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, sour cream, butter, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; add remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat just until moistened.
- Stir in cranberry mixture and ½ cup pecans by hand.
- Spoon batter evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and 1/3 cup butter in one-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil (3-4 minutes).
- Spoon glaze mixture over warm loaves. Immediately sprinkle with ¼ cup pecans.
- One greased 9-by-5-inch loaf pan can be used instead of the four mini-loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION