Cranberry Pecan Salad
A sweet but zesty salad with a unique twist of carmelized pecans. Try serving for brunch along with "Baked French Toast" and "Bacon and Onion Quiche"
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) bag mixed greens
- 1 (6 ounce) bag dried cranberries
- 4 ounces of montrachet goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) bag pecans
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon jam or 1 tablespoon jelly (any flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1⁄8 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Start by carmelizing pecans.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add brown sugar and stir unti mixture bubbles and doesn't appear to greasy or too dry.
- Add pecans, stir and cook until well coated.
- Place on cookie sheet to dry and cool.
- Prepare the salad dressing.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Add jam, orange juice and ginger.
- Put greens, cranberries, cheese and carmelized pecans in a salad bowl.
- Toss with salad dressing and serve immediately.
- Try serving for brunch along with"Baked French Toast" and"Bacon and Onion Quiche".
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This salad was fantastic! I noticed the amount of brown sugar is missing from the ingredient list. I used 3 T. I also omitted the jam/jelly and dried ginger because I didn't have either in the pantry. I did use raspberry balsamic vinegar hoping it would be sweeter since I was out of jam and dried ginger. It was only thing on the buffet that was completed finished! Thank you!!!Reply
see 4 more