Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad
This is a combination of a couple of chicken salad recipes we have enjoyed, also - had leftover chicken from a rotsserie chicken we had for dinner this evening and with the heat wave we're still experiencing here in Southeast GA, this recipe works well for a cool lunch on a hot day.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups diced boneless skinless chicken
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (made with canola oil preferably)
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice (fresh squeezed preferable)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Cut up cooked chicken into bite size cubes – should be enough to fill 3 cups & place in large bowl. Add dry seasonings, celery, dried cranberries, and pecans – toss with hands so as not to break up chicken cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice with small wire whisk & add to chicken mixture – gently toss all ingredients together and chill until ready to serve.