Cranberry Pear Muffins
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
You can sub dried blueberries, raisins or a mix of fruits for the cranberries - they are all great.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sliced pears
- 4 cups corn flakes
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup tart dried cranberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons pear juice or 5 teaspoons water
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda,salt and the 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
- Drain pears, reserving liquid. Place pears, corn flakes cereal, egg whites, oil, and 3/4 cup of the pear liquid in food processor bowl. Using metal blade, process mixture about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add pear mixture and cherries to flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and drizzle with mixture of powdered sugar, 5 teaspoons of pear liquid or water and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Serve warm or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION