Cranberry Orange Sauce Relish
photo by CHEFDLH
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 2 oranges (only the zest of 2 oranges, save 1/2 orange for below and save the rest for another purpose)
- 1⁄2 orange (juice of 1/2 orange, discard the rest)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, add cranberries, brown sugar, white sugar, water, orange juice, and spices.
- Bring the mixture to a boil on medium heat.
- Add the orange zest. Cover and simmer for another 5-10 minutes (the berries will split and the liquid will thicken.
- Remove from heat.
- You can either refrigerate the sauce or you can let sit for about 20 minutes and serve at room temperature, it’s personal preference.
- The cranberry sauce is fantastic the next day and will actually hold up for about a week.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a busy mom both with stuff at home and my work. My kids and husband love to try new creations so they are right at home with my love of recipes. It is fun to make something and try several different ways at it. I love to try different enchilada recipes, recipes for various ice teas, and anything that gets food on the table on the weeknights. Restaurant recipes for the weekends are another favorite.