Cranberry Orange Bread With Orange Butter
There are many similar recipes out there for this kind of bread, but I like this particular one because of the butter! Preparation time does not include time for bread to cool or time for butter to chill.
- Ready In:
FOR THE BREAD
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice (medium or high pulp)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening, melted
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups dried cranberries
FOR THE BUTTER
- 1 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup triple sec (or use an equal measure of orange juice)
- FOR THE BREAD, Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease & flour 8 small loaf pans (2 1/2"x4"x1/2").
- In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda & 2 tablespoons of zest.
- Add orange juice, shortening & eggs, stirring until just moistened.
- Fold in nuts & cranberries.
- Spoon dough into loaf pans, & bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown & firm to touch.
- Remove from oven & cool in pans on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Turn loaves out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- FOR THE BUTTER, in a small bowl, mix butter, zest & Triple Sec until well blended, then refrigerate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION