MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are great frozen to eat later just bake and cool cookies as directed. Place in airtight freezer container. Seal, label, and freeze up to 3 months.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
- Place cranberries in a small bowl. Heat orange juice in a small saucepan until warm; pour over berries and let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberries are soft. Drain well, pressing berries to remove excess liquid. Discard juice; set cranberries aside.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and baking powder; beat until combined. Beat in eggs and orange peel. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Stir in cranberries and ginger.
- Divide dough into three portions. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 9x2-inch log; place logs 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned. Cool on pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Cut each roll diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices upright on cookie sheet, leaving 1/2 inch between slices. Bake in 300 degree F oven for 15 minutes. Transfer to wire racks and cool. Store up to 3 days in a covered container at room temperature or freeze up to 3 months in a freezer container. Makes about 40.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION