Cranberry Layer Cake
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 18 ounces white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients;
- beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and orange peel; beat until blended. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"