- Ready In:
- 1 red grapefruit
- 1 tangerine
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- With a zester or a grater, remove the zest from the grapefruit and the tangerine; set aside.
- Peel the 2 fruits and cut into segments, removing all pith, seeds and membranes.
- Transfer to a food processor and swirl around until finely chopped; place in a large bowl.
- Add the cranberries (no need to thaw if frozen) and ginger to food processor and pulse until chopped; be careful not to overprocess.
- Add cranberry-ginger mixture to citrus fruit in bowl and stir in sugar, lime juice and zest; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Taste and add more sugar if you feel it's necessary.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let flavours blend; keeps well for about 2 weeks.
- Makes just over 2 cups.
Join The Conversation
My Mom sent us a case of grapefruit - so I've been trying to use it up. I liked this so much more than I thought I would. I don't quite know what to do with it - but that's ok, because so far, I have just been sneaking to the fridge to get spoonfull after spoonfull. It is so refreshing and "cheerful" tasting. Thanks for sharing!
This was GREAT. I'm just sorry I didn't get it made at Thanksgiving -- I'd bought all the ingredients, but had four other kinds of cranberry sauce already made, so didn't get to this one ... I love the combination of citrus; it gives the relish a much more complex and interesting flavor than the normal orange. Unfortunately the fresh grapefruit aren't very good yet, so the ones I used were very trat -- which meant having to use 3/4 cup sugar. Lovely relish -- I'll definitely make it again! Thanks for posting this.
This recipe was a hit from those that don't even like cranberries (myself included) The grapefruit really helped to give it a change of flavor. Since I don't have a food processor, I cooked the cranberries till they popped, then just whisked them in with the rest of the ingredients. Worked perfectly.