Cranberry Crunch Coffee Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 3⁄4 cups cranberries, minced (fresh or frozen)
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar, beating well.
- Add egg substitute, beating well.
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix well after each addition. Spoon half of batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and walnuts; sprinkle half of mixture over batter, and top with cranberries.
- Top with remaining batter, and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares, and serve coffee cake warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION