Cranberry-Banana Breakfast Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups oats
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted (I use non-hydrogenated)
- 1 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly grease muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine egg, banana, and margarine until smooth.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Absolutely delicious!!! I take advantage of buying bags of cranberries at the end of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, when they are on sale, and I freeze them to have year round. And, I always end up with over-ripe bananas on hand. These muffins were so good with the tart cranberries and the sweet banana taste -- not to mention that the oats are so nutritionally good for us. I will make these muffins again and again. The hardest part of the recipe is only allowing myself and my husband one muffin a day each. Thanks so much for the recipe!