Cranberry Apricot Pork Roast
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 3 -5 lbs boneless pork roast, I usually use center cut loin but whatever boneless is OK
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce, NOT jellied
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice, can use cider
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced (optional)
- If using the carrots, place them on the bottom of your slowcooker.
- Next, put the boneless pork roast in the slowcooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients until well-blended.
- Pour sauce mixture over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork juices are no longer pink and tests done w/ thermometer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was really excited to try this recipe. I do not normal care of pork...but it sounded really good. Sadly...I was deeply disappointed! My husband who isn't picky about any food didn't even like it. The pork had no flavor...the sauce turned a weird mushy brown too. Overall it wasn't terrible...but it was FLAVORLESS. We added some salt and that helped a little...but not a lot.
We tried this recipe tonight and it turned out wonderfully! The roast was very tender and fell apart and it was very flavorful. We used the carrots and they were delicious, too. Maybe only thing to make it better would be more sauce! We followed as stated except we did not have rosemary or apple cider vinegar, but still turned out great! Thanks!
I'm fairly new to crock pot cooking, but enjoy doing pork roasts, so this recipe was made for me! And since I'm a big fan of cranberries & apricots, well.... Except for the fact that a half cup of quartered dried apricots was added, the recipe was followed exactly, & the resulting roast was very tender & oh so tasty! Several guests even had me make copies of the recipe for them to take home! Many thanks for sharing this OUTSTANDING recipe!