Cranberry and Oatmeal Spice Cookies
A very delicious spice cookie with the added bonus of the tart cranberries - so good!!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 2 baking sheets.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves in a small bowl to blend. Set aside,.
- Using electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and both sugars in a large bowl until blended and smooth, about 1 minute. Mix in egg and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture. Stir in oatmeal and cranberries.
- For each cookie, drop one tablespoon of dough onto sheet, spacing 2-inches apart. Bake until tops and bottoms are lightly golden, rotating baking sheets, front to back and top to bottom halfway through baking to ensure even browning, about 13-15 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely.
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cookies can be made up to 5 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION