Cran-Cherry Plasma Transfusion
- Ready In:
- For transfusion bags:.
- 6 zipper-lock sandwich bags.
- 6 straws, twisted or flexible.
- 6 shower curtain rings.
- Puree the fruit cocktail and cherries , with their liquids, in a blender or food processor until smooth. Mix in the cranberry juice cocktail and refrigerate until chilled.
- To prepare the "transfusion bags," punch a hole with a hole-punch in the corner of one layer of a zipper-lock sandwich bag just below the zipper. Insert a twisty straw or flexible straw in the hole and punch another hole in the same corner of the bag through both layers, just above the zipper. Thread a shower curtain ring through that hole. Repeat with remaining bags, straws and shower curtain rings.
- To serve, pour 1 cup of the cranberry-cherry mixture into each bag and seal. Hang by the shower curtain rings on hooks. Guests can hold their drink by the ring and sip through the straw.
- Note: If you want a more adult cocktail, add 3/4-cup vodka to the juice mixture before chilling. This mixture will yield 9, 3/4-cup servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!