Cracker Crumb Topped Chicken and Noodle Casserole
- Ready In:
- 2 (4 ounce) sleeves round butter flavored crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- While the crakers are still enclosed in the plastic sleeve, pound them with a rolling pin to crush them into crumbs. Pour in bowl and mix in melted butter. Set aside.
- Mix chicken, soups, water, mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, noodles and sour cream in a bowl.
- Spoon half of the crumb mixture on the bottom of baking dish and spread evenly. Top with all of the chicken mixture. Spread the rest of the crumbs over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until bubbling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a small city in southwest Virginia. We have been here for 22 years and love being near the mountains. I have three kids that keep me busy 24/7. I love cooking for my husband, but am constantly battling the picky eating kids at mealtime. I originally joined when this site was called recipeZaar to put my recipes into meal menus to rotate on a regular basis. Hopefully, to take the brainwork out of food shopping, menu planning and preparation. The problem is that I have found so many new recipes I want to try here I am going to end up with 100 menus! I guess that isn't so bad, variety is a good thing.