Cracker Barrel Hash Browns Recipe - Copycat
This recipe is awesome. It is exactly like the Carcker Barrels. It will leave your mouth watering!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 32 ounces shredded hash browns, simply potatoes work very well (thawed)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl mix grated cheese, soup, sour cream, onion, 1/4 cup butter and salt and pepper. Mix well. Fold in hash potatoes.
- Turn mixture into a greased 9 x 13 dish.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in small frying pan. Add 1 1/2 cups of crushed cornflakes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great recipe, but mine did not turn out to taste just like Cracker Barrel's. It could be because I reduced the recipe. I used a 20 oz. bag of Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. I kept both cups of cheese but put one cup in the mixture and one cup on top of the casserole during the last 25 minutes of baking because I did not have any corn flakes. Cooked for 50 minutes. DH said that the texture was just perfect. Everyone loved the "au gratin" taste too. I am going to make this for our next work potluck!Reply
see 7 more