Cracker Barrel Green Beans
photo by Bev I Am
- Ready In:
- In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until lightly brown but not crisp.
- When bacon has browned, add green beans.
- Add salt, sugar and pepper and mix well.
- Place onion on top of green beans.
- Cover saucepan with a lid and bring to a light boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer beans for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were very good, not exactly like cracker barrel, but close. I drained the beans, and replaced the liquid with chicken broth, that was the only change I made. Edited to say that these were excellent, but only after they sat for two days in the refrigerator. They must be made ahead of time and left to sit, and then they are the best ever.