Cracked Pepper Rib-Eye Steak With Roasted Onion Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The roasted onion sauce really goes well with the peppery steaks and it's very easy to do ahead and then reheat when the steaks are ready. Recipe from The Steak Lover's Cookbook by William Rice.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 4 (10 ounce) rib eye steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 10 oz. each)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the onion wedges in a baking dish. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Stir to coat all the pieces evenly. Roast, uncovered, until browned and soft, about 1 hour. Remove and let stand until slightly cooled.
- Put the onions in a blender or food processor; add the broth and soy sauce and blend to a smooth puree. Transfer the sauce to a small saucepan, cover and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler or prepare coals for grilling.
- Press the cracked pepper onto both sides of each steak, using about 1 teaspoons of pepper for each steak. Broil or grill the steaks until seared and nicely browned on one side, about 4 minutes for medium-rare and 5 minutes for medium. Turn and cook 4 minutes more for both medium-rare and medium.
- Reheat the onion sauce while the steaks are cooking. Spoon the warmed sauce over each steak and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 5 more