Cracked Black Pepper Crusted Filet Medallions (With Cremini)
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
FOR THE MEAT
- 4 (8 ounce) center cut beef tenderloin steaks (can use sirloin steaks, but of course, it's not the same)
- 4 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
FOR THE CREAM SAUCE
- 6 ounces cremini mushrooms (the Italian brown ones)
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons soft butter, unsalted
- While heating the oil and 1 T of butter in a large sauté pan over medium high heat, season the tenderloins with cracked black pepper and salt.
- Place the tenderloins in the hot pan and sauté for 4 minutes, then turn and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Cover with foil and set aside.
- Slice mushrooms and set aside.
- Heat 2 T soft butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- When hot, add shallots and mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté until it becomes soft.
- Add the heavy cream and steak juice from set-aside plate and reduce by one-third.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, add the basil and keep warm.
- Have little hope of keeping your arteries open while enjoying this awesome dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews