- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In nonstick skillet, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Add celery, shallots, garlic, parsley, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Add wine (or broth), cook until liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in crabmeat, and zest.
- Stir in eggs and bread crumbs.
- On inside curve of each shrimp, cut along entire shrimp lengthwise, cutting almost, but not completely through, to the other side.
- Melt remaining butter, stir in Old Bay seasoning.
- Brush backs of shrimp with some of the better mixture.
- Place shrimp butter-side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- For each shrimp, form 2 tbsp stuffing mixture into ball; press onto cut side of each shrimp.
- Brush with remaining butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until shrimp are opaque and stuffing is cooked through and lightly browned, about 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!