Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
I found this recipe on CalorieKing and thought it would be a wonderful way to use some of the crabs we've been catching.
- Ready In:
- 8 portabella mushrooms (100g each with stem)
- 200 g light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper (or to taste)
- 400 g crabmeat, raw
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Remove and discard stems. Gently wash; put aside to dry while preparing filling.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add spring onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, pepper; mix well.
- Stir in crabmeat, tomatoes, and cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps; sprinkle each cap with 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are lightly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow!! Wow!! and Wow!!!!!! This was so simple to make and very rich when you buy massive portobello mushrooms that you overstuff with crab mixture to where you can barely see the mushroom underneath.. I served this as a starter to 300g steaks, topped with more massive mushrooms, so you can imagine how uncomfortable we felt after this,lol, but it was worth every bite.. Totally delicious.. I can highly recommend, I do not like using fresh caught crab in recipes like this as I find they add too many flavours that take away from the crab.. I used frozen king crab legs for this but I have to say if I had fresh crabs, I would definitely make this again as I could still taste the awesome flavour of crab coming through.. This to us has gone into our favourites for serving the stuffed mushroom crab it is very flavourful and totally yummy..3Reply