Crab-Stuffed Mushroom Bake
This recipe came from Southern Living Magazine years ago.....make copies of it to take with you wherever you serve it! They will ask for it
- 12 large mushrooms or 18 medium mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen crabmeat, thawed and drained (or use fresh..I do)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs, divided equally
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Gently rinse mushrooms, and pat dry.
- Remove stems.
- Brush caps with salad oil, and place upright in a buttered baking dish.
- Combine the egg, crab, mayonnaise, onion, and lemon juice with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
- Stuff the caps with the mixture. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle over crab mixture. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- They should be a golden brown on the breadcrumb/butter topping.
- Serve immediately.
- Also, caution when they are served.
- There will be juice in the cap under the mixture which will be VERY hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were ok. I guess I was just expecting something different. I cut up most of the stems && sauted them witht he onions. Also, I added some mozz. cheese on top and I prefered that over the ones that didn't have cheese. My boyfriend ate these up, so I would recommend them to anyone, just not for me. I do have to add that I had extra stuffing left, so I stuffed some chicken breasts with it and I liked the stuffing a lot more when it was in the chicken as opposed to the mushrooms. Maybe too much mushroom flavor with the stems plus the mushrooms.