Crab Rangoon & Sauce for 30
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat (fresh if available)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large sweet onion, grated fine
- Rangoons: Beat room temperature cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in crab meat, egg yolks, S& P& spice.
- Place the wonton wrapper with a corner pointing towards you.
- Put one teaspoon of the filling in the center of the bottom half of the wrapper.
- Moisten lower two edges with the beaten egg.
- Bring points so they touch& seal edges to form a triangle.
- Brush a little egg on the edges.
- Pinch edges to seal and give a slight twist.
- Sauce: Combine oil, ketchup, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl.
- Add grated onion and blend well.
- Heat wok and add oil for deep-frying.
- When oil is ready (temperature 360 - 375 degrees), carefully slide in the Crab Rangoon, taking care not to overcrowd the wok.
- Deep-fry until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning once.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Zaar...Wow, what a place! I'm one of the old timers of Zaar. I can't count the number of wonderful dishes I cooked in the past few years since joining. Along the way I have had the pleasure of meeting several Zaar chefs. Talk about your fruits and nuts! lol. I have enjoyed meeting them all. Family: What's to say...I have had the same sweet husband forever (Good thing....I'd hate to have to break a new one in...=) and live close to a couple of grown children. (Maybe you've met Smoke Alarm Jr. ..her brown rolls are sooo good!) Therefore, my family gets together often to enjoy each other's company and cooking. My greatest joy is six "little to tallerthanme" kids running around calling me Grammy. They wear me out! lol For the past thirty years I have been a Special Education teacher for grades 9-12 and love it. Took some time off last year to recovery from surgery, chemotherapy and radiation for breast cancer. (Loved the radiation....I keep imagining that we are absolutely napalming the nasty cancer cells tohellandback to keep the little suckers from returning. =) My prognosis is good and now "I'm back in the saddle again". lol. Being a north country "gurl", I am happiest outside...walking, fishing, sitting in front of an outdoor fire or being on water (although in February it's a bit stiff....=0) When indoors I like to read, garden, knit, quilt and paint. During cold Maine weather I like to warm my feet on a very large ( 100 pounds of long legs and huge feet), sweet and furry golden retriever named Kerry (aka KTBRD: Kerry the big red dawg..lol) . In the summer, the dawg and I round up the grandkids, hit the local dairy bar for a Mounds Sundae that is to die for!!!=0) . Then spend a lot of long and lazy summer days at camp . All in all...Boy, Life is good! =)