from emeril, this makes a wonderful brunch or light lunch dish
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup dried fine breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons rustic dry rub seasonings
- 4 ounces grated white cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine the butter and flour in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until well blended.
- Add the onions, celery, salt, and cayenne.
- Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly soft.
- Add the milk.
- Stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the crabmeat, parsley, and green onions.
- Stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a 9-inch glass pie dish or 6 small ramekins.
- Combine the bread crumbs and the rub.
- Sprinkle over the top of the crabmeat mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation