- Ready In:
- 6 ounces flaked crabmeat (, backfin recommended)
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ounce butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Mix the flaked crabmeat with the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl with the water and salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet and when the froth subsides, pour in the eggs.
- Place the crab and cheese on top of the eggs just when the eggs are beginning to set.
- Pour on the cream while the eggs are still liquid and transfer under a hot broiler for a few minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Do not fold, but slide on to a hot plate and serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
EXCELLENT!!!! My hubby surprised me with this omelet and it's a home run! We had leftover crab from a birthday celebration and had all of the ingredients, but I would make a special trip to the store if I didn't have them. It's just that good! Right balance of crab, eggs and cheese and followed the recipe to a T. Thank you, honey!