- Ready In:
- 1hr 7mins
- 4 large mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb fresh crabmeat, picked over
- 6 -8 slices French bread, lightly toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups hollandaise sauce
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Sauté mushrooms, shallots and garlic in butter until transparent; remove from heat and mix in flour.
- Over low heat, slowly stir in half and half.
- Cook until smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chives, bay leaf, Worcestershire, wine, salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 30 minutes; remove bay leaf.
- Add crabmeat and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Arrange toast slices on a heatproof platter or baking sheet with sides.
- Spoon hot crabmeat mixture over toast; cover with hollandaise sauce.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!