Crab Egg Foo Yong
photo by kymgerberich
- Ready In:
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 14 1⁄2 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in the broth, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour and eggs until smooth. Stir in the bean sprouts, crab, onions, garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil. Drop crab mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into oil. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Serve with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cats and other animals, cooking, crocheting, and glass painting.