Crab Cakes Portabella (((Delicious)))
- Ready In:
- 1 lb backfin lump crabmeat
- 6 saltine crackers (crushed)
- 2 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 dash milk
- 1 dash cream sherry
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 drop Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- paprika (for color)
- Place crabmeat into large mixing bowl.
- Add, egg, butter, flour, milk, Cream Sherry, salt, pepper, garlic powder, mayonnaise, baking powder, cracker crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay seasoning and parsley flakes.
- Mix well with large spoon.
- Form the mixture between the palms of your hands into 2 large balls, gently squeezing out excess juice, then somewhat or lightly flattening and forming the balls into the cakes.
- Place crab cakes on top of each Portabello mushroom in a baking dish or baking pan.
- Slightly flatten the crab cakes so that they spread out to cover the mushrooms.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Then place under the broiler for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve with your favorite garnish, such as lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in 1942 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in this GREAT United States of America. I have since resided in Baltimore Maryland, Atlanta Georgia, Orlando Florida, Fort Lauderdale Florida, Los Angeles California, Selma Oregon, and now in Albuquerque New Mexico. I have enjoyed not only eating, but cooking all my life.