- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, peeled and minced
- 1 medium carrot, finely minced
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 quart milk, heated (4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons madeira wine
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add vegetables and saute until soft, about 8 minutes; do not brown.
- Reduce heat to medium and add flour, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Cook 5 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Stir in parsley and seasonings.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
- Add Mareira, crab and salt to taste and simmer 15 to 20 minutes; do not boil.
- If bisque is thicker than desired, stir in a little milk to thin; serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!