Crab Ball Hors D'oeuvre
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I first served this at a Christmas party back in 1979. It's quick and easy and is delicious! Originally clipped from a magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Thaw (if needed) and drain crabmeat.
- Blend softened cream cheese, chives,garlic powder and salt.
- Fold in crabmeat.
- Shape into a ball or log.
- Roll in pecans or parsley.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill.
- When ready to serve, unwrap and place on a serving dish.
- Let come to room temperature and serve with buttery crackers or fresh veggies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great recipe! I tried this last Christmas and forgot to write a review, but I have made it a few times since then, always a hit!!! I used a can of "real" crabmeat instead of the imitation package, and also added really finely chopped red pepper to add colour for Christmas:) tastes very good with the red pepper added! thanks for sharing!!!Reply