Crab Avocado Mango Stack
photo by calidream7
- Ready In:
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes, sliced
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1⁄4 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 ounces jumbo lump crab meat
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Mix last 8 ingredients (mayo through Tabasco), & refrigerate.
- Use a dual open ended cylindrical mold to form the stacks. (If you don't have a mold, use an empty clean soup or veggie can with both ends removed.) Place the mold onto the serving plate.
- (use half of the ingredients in each mold).
- Gently push down the avocado slices into the bottom of the mold.
- Mix together the mango, jalapeno, red bell pepper, & red onion, then gently push down on top of the avocado layer.
- Gently toss the crab with the refrigerated mayo mix (remoulade), then gently push down on top of the mango layer.
- Carefully slide the mold off of the stack and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve cold.
Tried this for New Year's Eve dinner with guests. Everyone raved! Absolutely delicious! There were 5 of us so I used a one pound can of crab and did 1 1/2 recipe of the remoulade, along with a little more red pepper, avocado, mango, and onion. My molds were 3 inches in diameter and 2 inches high. I lined the inside of the molds with a strip of acetate that was 3 inches high. All I had to do was lift the mold and the strip of acetate fell away and left a perfect stacked salad! Definitely a keeper!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I absolutely love to cook!! I love to create new dishes and experiment with new recipes I find. My cooking style is a bit on the gourmet side and I love a challenging dish! Watching the expressions on the faces of my family and friends as they take their first bite of my creations is what brings me joy. When I see their eyes light up and that smile spread across their lips...I know I've done my job well. Cooking brings me joy!