Crab and Swiss Quiche
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups rice, cooked (white or brown)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 8 ounces crabmeat (or imitation crab meat)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- For the crust: Mix together rice, egg and soy sauce. Spread evenly to cover a pie plate. Bake rice crust at 350F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Arrange cheese on bottom of crust. Top with crab meat. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Mix together eggs, cream, salt , lemon peel, mustard and nutmeg.
- Pour evenly over top of quiche.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Can be frozen, and served cold after thawing, or warmed in a 350F oven for 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!