Cousin Annie's Chick Pea and Chorizo Summer Salad
photo by hxnnxh
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage, skinned and cut into slices of about 1/4 inch
- 6 roasted red peppers (from can)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 4 ounces black olives, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in skillet, cook onions and garlic until softened, not browned. Add chili pepper and chorizo and keep cooking until chorizo is slightly crisp.
- Slip mixture in a bowl, add chick peas, roasted pepper, parsley, pepper, avocados, olives and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!