Couscous With Yellow Summer Squash
A nice summer side dish for chicken or lamb. If you don't care for cilantro, use parsley.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup summer squash, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (or Italian parsley)
- Heat the butter and oil in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until onions are softened. Stir in the squash.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the couscous and blend well. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro (or parsley) and blend well with a fork.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation