Couples' Bec Breakfast Casserole
A yummy, fairly easy breakfast casserole for two. Everything but the crust can be done the night before, and popped in the refrigerator until cooking- just add 5 minutes to the first bake time. Enjoy! :)
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls, uncooked dough
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup OSCAR MAYER Bacon, pre-cooked, chopped
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Heinz ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, salt-free
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, coarsely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh, finely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red paprika, finely ground
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spread frozen potatoes over the bed of a lightly greased 16oz oval baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, milk, onion, mayonnaise, and ketchup until mixed thoroughly. Evenly spread the mixture over the potatoes in the baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the bacon pieces and cheese. Spread them in an even layer over the baking dish.
- In a small dish, mix the seasonings, then sprinkle them evenly over the baking dish.
- Place casserole in oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the casserole is baking, prepare the crust by rolling out the crescent roll dough for easy transfer to the top of the baking dish.
- Remove the casserole, but do not turn off the oven. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes to cool the dish.
- Carefully cover the casserole with crescent roll dough. Make sure to press the edges of the dough to the sides of the dish.
- Using a toothpick, gently cut decorative vents into the dough.
- Bake the casserole for an additional 15-20 minutes, until the crust is a deep, golden brown.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, and let it stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yum!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is really good, and both my DS's ate it so even better!! I was going to double the recipe, but was not sure if my boys would like it. The only downfall to that is DH got a small portion (worked late). I made a couple changes; instead of the precooked bacon I cooked and crumbled 3 pieces of thick bacon. Also I bought the wrong crescent rolls (bought the crescent rounds) so I just unrolled them and layed them across the top. will make this again!! Made for Spring 2010 PAC Orphanage.