Country Women's Association Irish Apple Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 g sugar
- 125 g butter
- 3 -4 cooking apples, peeled cored and roughly chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and the sugar.
- Cut in the butter roughly with a knife (do not rub it in).
- Add the apples.
- Stir in the egg and milk to make a fairly stiff mixture. The batter will appear fairly lumpy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Serve hot with custard or ice-cream.
- This cake can be cooked ahead and reheated in the microwave as needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free