Country Time Lemonade Cake
photo by dianesew
- Ready In:
- 1hr 3mins
- 1 (15 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package jell-o vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix or (3 ounce) package lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 4 ounces country time lemonade mix, divided
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Mix cake mix, pudding mix, 1/4 cup of the drink mix, 1 cup water, eggs and oil in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan. Invert onto serving platter.
- DISSOLVE remaining 1/4 cup drink mix in 3 tablespoons warm water in medium bowl. Stir in powdered sugar with wire whisk until well blended.
- PIERCE warm cake at 1-inch intervals with fork or skewer completely through to bottom of cake. Gradually spoon powdered sugar glaze over cake; let stand until glaze is completely absorbed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is one of the best ever all-time perfect cakes! Everyone always loves it! I have been making this cake forever . . . still have the magazine page I tore out from back in the day. . . pulled out the recipe a couple of years ago . . . it is just a classic! I use the yellow cake with lemon pudding and the original is not quite like this but with the same components. I have always wanted to experiment with a strawberry (cake mix) lemonade version . . . I just don't see how you can go wrong with that!<br/> Also, I find it so much even better as it sits a day or two in the pan (13 x 9)soaking up the glaze completely. Update: The strawberry version came out very well -- I used a vanilla pudding.
This recipe got 5 stars from six people. I make some kind of lemon cake every week for DH to take to work. All of his co-workers said it had the perfect amount of lemon, was very moist and light. I've got the word, they want this cake again next week. I used the vanilla instant pudding. The only change I made was to use my own glaze, which is just 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and 2 cups powdered sugar heated on the stove until the sugar is melted. Thank you for a really simple recipe that made me look like a star!
Wonderful! I made this the first time and had them begging to make it again. Very simple and tasty. The lemonade flavor is not too strong. The icing is a bit sour but it compliments the cake perfectly!! This is a keeper that is perfect for company or when you just want something a bit sweet with a little tang.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span style=color: #800080;><em>I am a 37 year old married, mother of 2 boys Trent (18) & Brett(14). I have been out of my mom's house since I was 18 and wanted to become a great cook for my family. I love trying new recipes and love to share my favorite recipes with others. I think I've done pretty well, my husband & kids love just about everything I cook.</em> </span><br /><br /></p>