Country Style Sausage Patties
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped or 1 pinch dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients, except the vegetable oil for frying, until thoroughly combined.
- Moistening hands with cold water; shape the mixture into 12 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Chill in one layer for one hour, if time permits, to firm the patties.
- In a skillet, heat a little vegetable oil over moderate heat.
- Fry patties until cooked through and golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite thing to do is to spend time with family and friends, especially my two grandsons. Cooking, collecting recipe books and tried and true recipes from family and friends, and all the wonderful cooks here at food.com, is what I enjoy too.</p> <p>My favorite sayings are: Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift; that is why it is called the 'present'. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> and Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> </p> <p>My favorite poem is: <br /><span>Common Things <br /></span>The things I prize of greatest worth, <br />Are just the common things of earth; <br />the rain, the sun, the grass, the trees; <br />The flowers, the birds, the glorious breeze; <br />Clouds that pass, and stars that shine, <br />Mountains, valleys, all are mine; <br />Rivers broad, and open sea <br />Are riches none can take from me. <br />Our God is here on every hand, <br />Upon the sea, upon the land! <br />And day by day my thanks I give <br />That with these common things I live. <br />....Praying Hands</p> <p>My pet peeve is people who spit gum on the sidewalk even if there is a trash bin a few feet away!! I have stepped in 'fresh' gum a couple of times!! </p> <p><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg alt=/ /></p>