Country Style Pork Ribs Adobong
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This Phillipine style preparation is usually done with chicken, but it's also very tasty on pork ribs. Originally from Food and Wine. Be sure to use non-reactive containers and cookware due to the high amount of vinegar.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- Mix together the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns.
- Add pork ribs and toss to coat.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator, turning at least once.
- Dain marinade into a large straight-sided skillet or 2 smaller skillets.
- Bring to a boil and add ribs.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, turning ribs over half way through.
- Add coconut milk and simmer 20 minutes longer, uncovered.
- Remove ribs and turn heat to high.
- Boil the sauce and reduce to about 1 cup.
- Strain and set aside.
- Brush the ribs with the sauce.
- Grill or broil until slightly crisp, basting with the sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION